Wednesday, May 30

wack/wonderful Wednesdays

wack

1. This ridiculous rash that is all over my face, neck, & arms. Luckily, the bumps are extremely small and the color of my skin, so it's not super noticeable. But it's driving me insane, especially since I can't figure out the cause.
2. Our car started making this awful grinding noise this afternoon.We're in the home-stretch (exactly 20 days until we move) and are trying to sell the car before we leave, so I really do not need it to start acting up now.
3. Speaking of moving, this brigade and its contracted moving companies are so incompetent, I can't even. Our household goods pickup (aka: the day the movers come) was scheduled for 6 June. They called today saying that date is no longer available (?!) and the only dates they have are 9 June and 15 June. Which would be fine, except for the fact that those dates fall on a Friday and a Saturday and we will be in Portugal and then Switzerland. I'm trusting Zack to take care of it before I go PsychoLiza on them. I'm pretty placid (or passive-aggressive..) when it comes to confrontation, but this is messing with our last two weekends in Europe and I will just not have that.


wonderful

1. Getting paid to have imaginary tea parties with children.
2. Chocolate milk. I got the fiercest craving for it today while in the commissary (which was another 'wonderful' by the way, because one of my most favorite activities is grocery shopping) and submitted to the urge to buy some. I savored every last drop.  
3. Gorgeous Polish pottery that the teacher I work with gave me. She went to Poland this past weekend, and bought it for me while there. So thoughtful and unexpected- I love it! I really did want to get into the whole Polish pottery craze while in Europe, but I just never did.
4. I decided to experiment with something I saw on Pinterest- using Greek yogurt instead of eggs + oil in cake mix. Well, I used .99 cent brownie mix and too much water and the batter was looking awfully soupy, so I was about to abandon ship. But I figured I'd try to salvage it by adding flour and chocolate chip morsels, and cooking it for a little bit longer than suggested. The result? Bliss. I should've known Pinterest would never let me down.
5. Dining al fresco this evening. Tilapia, spinach, corn, the aforementioned brownie, & sparkling white wine while overlooking our jungle of a backyard. Just lovely.





No comments:

Post a Comment