Wednesday, May 16

wack/wonderful Wednesdays

wack

1. I wore jeans, a long-sleeved blouse, riding boots, & a trench coat today. And I was still cold. It is May 16th. How is that okay Germany? Also, hailing with blue skies? I'm so very confused.
2. Skipping TBX (the exercise class I typically attend on Mondays & Wednesdays) to instead eat buttered popcorn, eat Jolly Ranchers, & Pin my little heart out. I really don't know why I get so agitated at the scale...it's no one's fault but my own.
3. Expensive RyanAir flights. RyanAir is a budget (and I do mean budget) airline that we have always flown with to hop around Europe. Typically you don't pay more than 50 for a round-trip flight. Seeing as we only have four weekends left to travel, it's balls-to-the-wall travel time and we are looking to book up the weekends. Unfortunately all the places we want to go, the flights are 150€+ per person. Y'all need to get out of here with that mess, RyanAir. You know you aren't worth that- quit trippin'. But I guess we will suck it up & pay it, because who knows when we'll be back 'round these parts again.
4. Spargel (white asparagus.) It's everywhere here when it's in season and it's just awkward. 



wonderful

1. Zack & I were going to have a little dinner date at one of the little German restaurants in Idar-O, but we were both so tired after work, we said forget it. So we had a very random dinner of brats, salad, & leftover guacamole. Dessert? Ritter Sport bars, strawberries, and Reddi-Wip. 
2. The mother of one of the students in the class I work in had her reenlistment ceremony at the school, so our class got to be a part of it. It was really adorable, her children held the flag in the background while she took her oath. Plus, I got a sweet goodie bag filled with sweet candy out of it. 
3. I think we found the vehicle we're going to buy once we get to Missouri. It's just a compact SUV...nothing amazing, but it's probably going to feel like a Maserati compared to what I'm driving now.
4. Wine. Wine is always wonderful.  


No comments:

Post a Comment