Wednesday, May 23

wack/wonderful Wednesdays


Wack
  1. It was 75 degrees today, and you would have thought I was on the dunes of the Sahara the way I was carrying on. I was miserably hot- sweating like it was the end and fanning myself rather dramatically. In my defense, our black car has no AC and it’s at least 10 degrees warmer inside the car than out.
  2. Being so sore from an exercise class Monday that I have to ease down into seats and walk like I have a slight deformity. Also, not being able to run & play with the kids at recess without wincing pathetically. It hurts, okay?!
  3. Nosy German neighbors. Pretty positive it's none of your concern if I want to drive the wrong way down our one-way road. Well, maybe it is...but you don't need to shake your head and yell something at me. Especially when I know for a fact you spend your days listening to Johnny Cash and smoking weed. I wonder what "glass house", "stones", and "throw" translate to in German?      

Wonderful
  1.  Zack came to visit me at work today, and ate lunch with the children. It was adorable in every way.  (I was just glad today’s lunch was macaroni & cheese and not some unidentifiable brown meat, as is rather typical.) 
  2. Wearing a chiffon maxi skirt that flows like water. Instead of walking, I swished & swirled everywhere today. 
  3. Making myself go to the gym after work. I know it sounds stupid and insignificant, but this is kind of a big deal. I am able to talk myself out of pretty much any type of physical activity, I will literally find anything to do besides work out. Once I sorted all of the coins we have in our house to avoid the Insanity workout of the day. It's a problem.
  4. Dinner (Greek!) with some gorgeous girls at one of my favorite restaurants- Poseidon. So much giggling and fun stories, it hurts my heart to know I'm leaving such wonderful people so soon. 

Apparently somewhere along the lines I was possessed by a demon. But that's not the point of the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment