Sunday, May 13

muttertag

  
"A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie."  ~Tenneva Jordan

Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there. You make this world a softer, sweeter, and more lovely place. 

I am sending all of my love across the Atlantic Ocean today, hoping it lands directly on my own beautiful mother. There aren't enough words of thanks to say for all you have done for me the last 25 years of my life. By teaching me how to be a good, kind person, giving me a magical and creative childhood, sacrificing so much of yourself to give me everything I could ever want, and loving me (although maybe not liking me!) through every stage of my life. I look forward to the next chapter of our lives together, as not only mother & daughter, but as friends. I love you so very much.

Also, it became very clear to me the other day that I am indeed turning into my mother- I realized I go through a jar of peanut butter in a week too. But she's got killer cheekbones, a sense of grace that leaves people in awe, and knows a ridiculous amount about flowers. So it's probably not such a bad thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment