Sunday, January 22

two


To the boy who first made me laugh harder than any boy ever had. The boy with ears too big for his skinny frame, but possessing the kindest (and most mischievous) eyes I had ever seen. The boy who had a smile that, even at 12 years old, made me know I wanted to know him for a very long time. The boy who I grew up alongside with, never really noticing the man he had grown into until graduation night, when he kissed me and I realized that was all I would ever want. The boy who painted my world in shades I never knew existed. The boy who first made me feel emotions so strong I needed to write them down. The boy who broke my heart so badly, I thought it would never heal itself. The boy who pushed me, him, and us to be better, stronger, and more powerful in the years apart. The boy who made me literally lose my breath upon seeing him for the first time in nearly two years. The boy who lit us on fire again, on the beach of Camp Lejune. The boy who slipped a small gold band on my finger in a North Carolina courthouse, and made my heart and eyes swell to the brim with joy. 


To this boy, the boy who is my man, my husband, my OBFF, my lover, my protector, & more than my little-girl mind could have ever dreamed of in a mate: happy two year anniversary. I am so looking forward to forever.




1 comment: