Sunday, January 22

quarter


So far so good 25!

Friday night my daddy made THE most incredible meal for my birthday dinner. Mushroom risotto, grilled shrimp, baked scallops, & grilled asparagus. I am convinced he needs to open a restaurant and make bank. For my birthday cake, my mommy made a lemon cream cheese pound cake (which, according to the scale this morning, did in fact add some pounds.) But oh, was it worth it every bite. 

Saturday night I was invited to a dinner with some of my parent's friends to celebrate another January 21st birthday (turns out, other people share your birthday. Crazy, right?) The dinner was an incredible six-course meal (or maybe it was seven? I lost count somewhere in that hazy food coma) and wine pairing. It was fabulous, and I was so pleased to have been invited. Afterwards, I came home and made a margarita recipe I found on Pinterest. It claimed these were the best margaritas, and the recipe did not disappoint. Deanna (brother Trey's lady) & I both agreed they were unparalleled. 


Birthdays really have a way of making you realize how deeply loved you are.



No comments:

Post a Comment