Thursday, March 29

wack/wonderful Wednesdays

wack 
  1.  After nearly two years, Zack & I finally bit the bullet and bought a second car. It's an absolute junker like our other one, but it's made life a lot more convenient with our work schedules. The only thing is, I really miss riding with him. In the early morning drives to work, we would rarely speak but it was a soft silence that felt warm & comfortable. In the evening drives home, we would chatter about our days or give fabulous duet performances. It's kind of lonely now.
  2.  Getting home so late. Yesterday I got home kind of early, but most days we leave the house before the sun is up and get home when the sun is going down. I honestly don't know how families with small children and both parents working full time manage. I get home, put away my stuff from the day (lunch box, gym bag, errands) start dinner (which, if I'm working, we usually don't eat until well after 8 PM), do some chores around the house, shower, & start getting things ready for the next day. It just feels so rushed & thoughtless. I can see why most people live for the weekends. 
  3. The Walking Dead and its cliffhanger endings. I can't deal.

 wonderful
  1.  Ordering a coffee drink without whipped cream to try to be a little bit healthy (I'm the person who gets a Diet Coke with their Big Mac meal) and the barrista accidentally puts whipped cream on it. Don't you just hate that? Yeah, me neither.
  2.  Taking a walk with Zack through the streets of our town because it was junking day! Still not entirely sure what junking day is, but every few months, the Germans put a bunch of stuff they don't want out on the sidewalks for the trash to pick up. Most of it is pretty useless, but you can find some gems if you look. I've found many interesting things on junking excursions. Today I only scored a huge wicker basket & a small mug with the word "phor" written on the side.
  3.  A wilted bouquet of hand-picked flowers from a 1st grade boy. When he gave them to me he said, "Sorry they aren't roses." I died.
  4.  Flowers [daffodils!] from another sweet, a little bit older, boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment