Wednesday, February 1

wack/wonderful Wednesdays

If you squeeze your eyes, that sort of looks like a sad face. Yes?







































wack 
  1. Because I have been away for approximately 7 weeks, I had 7 weeks worth of mail to pick up at the CMR today (community mail room.) This included six packages, two bundles of mail, and thirteen (THIRTEEN) bulk mail slips. The majority of the bulk mail will probably be Tuff Boxes and other things Zack has sent from downrange, but I don't know that because I chose not to deal with that today. (Definitely pulled a Scarlett O'Hara. "I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.")
  2. I cleaned out my closets today and am thoroughly disgusted with myself. Seriously. The amount of clothes I have is not okay in any sort of realm. 
  3. I saw on the calendar that it was "Wednesday" and it made me think of my little brother Cole saying "WUNDSDAY" and it made me miss him, and then I started missing home. 
  4. It is cold here. And by cold I mean the forecast is described as "frigid." The word frigid is cute and sort of neat to throw around if you're talking about penguins, Alaska, or your ex's heart. It is not cute in relation to the weather where I live.


wonderful 
  1. Because it is so cold here, I am able to wear all of the wonderful winter clothing I own, including my Sorel "Joan of Arctic" snow boots that I purchased after suffering through countless numb toes and a few falls (Uggs are not snow boots, contrary to what the South believes.)
  2. While cleaning out random places throughout the house, I found a little picture of an indistinguishable creature Zack had drawn and sent me last year. That boy is so strange and wonderful. Wonderfully strange. Strangely wonderful. 
  3. The fact that I am having to pick up so many boxes from downrange means that Zack is coming back. I know other women are not so lucky. 
  4. I am starting a new book, Love Stories of World War II, that I am really excited about. I am such a sucker for this kind of stuff. It's not normal.
  5. And the most wonderful part of today was, by a landslide, getting to turn the calendar to the month of February. Because this is the month my husband comes home from war.

No comments:

Post a Comment