Wednesday, February 15

The past 24 hours have consisted of:

4 AM dinner of pizza + Johnny Walker // a heart so overwhelmed with gratitude it almost hurts // that searing heat we had almost forgotten, but that came flooding back in an instance // a year's worth of stories & jokes that our mouths couldn't get out fast enough // sitting down with the toilet lid up // his smell that I cannot get enough of // unexpected hot tears that sprang to my eyes at random moments when I realized this was real // a late lunch of french toast & scrambled eggs // waking up with only 3 hours of sleep because we were too excited to sleep any longer // little piles of messes that have not yet caused me to stress out (give it another 12 hours..) // gentle strokes that took away all the hurt of the past year // the familiar tangle of our limbs that create the perfect puzzle // feather touches on hip bones // not being able to finish saying the blessing at dinner because my throat was choked with tears of thanks // doing almost nothing but snuggling in bed the entire day // a kiss that stopped me dead in my tracks & caused me to drop the spoon in the spaghetti pot // silently shaking with laughter, and remembering how funny he is // catching myself just staring at him, "he is real" // 

Today was magic, the once-in-a-lifetime kind.


No comments:

Post a Comment