Sunday, February 12

I want to apologize for the negativity of my last post. (Never blog when you're angry. Write it down first. Sleep on it. Wake up, and see if you still need to publicize your thoughts. The answer is typically a resounding, "NO.")

I have had a real negative streak lately, and it's been pretty toxic. I have never been talented at handling bad news gracefully, it always takes me a few days to come to terms with it and be a normal person again.

Anyway, it was just one more sucker punch the Army threw at me, and one more hit I got right back up from. I've gotten pretty good at that.

I really have quite a lot to be thankful for right now. Wonderful friends who keep me laughing and smiling even when my eyes are filled with tears, a family back home I think of daily, a warm house I can't wait to come home to in the evening, and a husband whose patience and unwavering love for me truly blows my mind every single day. 

 
I am also thankful for this beautiful country I live in. Although it's bitterly cold right now, so cold it hurts your bones the moment you step outside, the snow is undeniably gorgeous. Falling snow is always so hard to capture on camera, I never seem to be able to do it justice. 

One of my most favorite things is how quiet the world is after a snowfall. Stepping out into the early morning light after it has snowed is nothing short of magical to me. It's as if a soft quilt of silence has slowly drifted down and covered your world. You hear nothing except the crunch of your boots on the sparkling ground and the sound of your own breath curling into the air. 



Even better? When you get to spend the morning watching the sun come up, cupping a mug of coffee, sitting quietly on your couch. And at that very moment, you are still, the world is still, and life is stilled to the point of perfection.


Yes, I am thankful. 


1 comment:

  1. I love this. You DO have so much to be thankful for...except those nail beds...God really did you in on that one. :(

    ReplyDelete